In 2016, they embarked on a 72-day road trip, camping all over the country. They spent most of their summer visiting the National Parks, so it was only fitting that Andrew surprised Samantha and proposed to her in one; Shenandoah National Park. Andrew had an amazing hike planned out, but a fierce thunderstorm had other plans. While the weather didn’t cooperate, Andrew still managed to surprise Samantha when he got down on one knee at an overlook. It was the perfect ending to a great road trip!
After moving back to upstate New York, they began searching for the perfect wedding venue. In a style befitting them, they decided to hold their ceremony on top of Oak Mountain in Speculator during peak fall foliage. The weather, the scenic view of the unspoiled Adirondacks, and colors of the changing leaves made this a day no one would forget. There was even a bar set up at the top so the guests could enjoy the views before riding the ski lift back down to the reception… and their photographer provided a life size cut out of their dog to be included in all the photos!>
After the wedding, Samantha and Andrew (in their typical adventuresome fashion!) spent two weeks camping around the beautiful continent of Iceland. Since their special day - shared with all their friends and family - the couple has since moved to Jackson Hole, Wyoming to continue their adventures!
- Wedding date: October 8, 2017
- Ceremony and reception location: Oak Mountain
- Photographer: YTK Photography, Katherine Wright & Alex Fagan
- Stationery suite: The bride!
- Bride's dress: Her mother's wedding dress
- Bridesmaids' dresses: David's Bridal
- Rings: J Fine Jewelry & Etsy
- Engagement ring: Castiglione Jewelers
- Groom and groomsmens' tuxedos: Choppa & Son
- Hair and makeup: CW Hair Design Studio
- Flowers: Sacandaga Flowers
- Caterer: Oak Mountain
- Cake: Saratoga Gluten Free Goods & Villa Italia
- Photobooth: Events by Cool Cat
- Band / dj: Maddalone Entertainment
- First dance: ˊYellowˋ by Coldplay
- Officiant: Father Christopher Richards
- Honeymoon destination: Iceland